In keeping with our move from the west to the east, the Rainy Day Ranch is now Leaping Goat Farm.
It's been a great three years blogging at the Rainy Day Ranch, but it's time for a new adventure. After years of planning, I'm ready to add a commercial component to the farm. The Wrangler--a marketing guru by profession--is insistent that my brand must "communicate the essential quality" of my products, convey a distinct message, and appeal to my target audience. The crux of the matter is that we couldn't overcome the sense that a ranch belongs in the west. The Wrangler also had a problem with the rainy day aspect. Although I love nothing more than a cozy rainy day, I accepted his reasoning that a Rainy Day Farm evokes images of wet animals and soggy fields.
I feel sad parting with the Rainy Day Ranch, but I think the name Leaping Goat Farm conveys the pure happiness and optimism that I'm feeling as I finally transition from a "virtual" ranch to a real, albeit small, working farm.
Please join me over at www.leapinggoatfarm.blogspot.com. I'm bringing everything with me--three years of blog posts and my failures, successes, ideas, and dreams. See you there!

No comments:
Post a Comment