Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cake Pops

Cupcakes and tart yogurt are so two thousand and late. We've moved onto cake pops--delicious, decadent, decorated tiny balls of cake on a stick. No more agonizing when faced with chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, and pumpkin cupcakes. With cake pops, you can have all four flavors and not feel too guilty.

I bought Bakerella's Cake Pops book last week and ambitiously signed up to bring homemade cake pops to the holiday party at the barn. This is the kind of thing I have to do in order to get some follow through around here. Without my commitment in ink on the sign-up sheet, chances are good that the Cake Pops book would join my artisan gelato books on the dusty shelf.

And so, tomorrow I am off to Michaels craft store in search of paper sticks and styrofoam holders. Do note that, in a most excellent move, I perfectly timed this endeavor to my mom's visit over the holiday weekend. Mom...help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment