I thought long and hard about what I needed to do to snap out of my indulgent despair. I looked at Chanel bags (too la-de-dah). I considered a vacation (too temporary). I thought about a new car (too expensive). I signed up for an SLR photography class (too complicated--the Wrangler ended up going in my stead). Then, magically, last week at Border's an extraordinary book fell off the shelf and into my hands: Storey's Guide To Raising Miniature Livestock.
I've previously mentioned my plan to one day add some babydoll sheep to the family. Well, friends, that day has come. I am on the list to acquire two Olde English Babydoll Southdown sheep after lambing season this coming spring. As the Old English Babydoll Sheep Registry states, these minature sheep "are outstanding pets who produce wool that is a hand spinner's delight." They provide organic weeding and make excellent companions. Their gentle nature "makes them a joy to own," and their "wooly teddy bear face will always give you a smile." They generally are 18 to 24 inches tall and weigh about 70-150 pounds.
I guess it's official: there's a lot of work to be done and things to be figured out between now and May when the new furry friends arrive. The spring in my step is back.
No comments:
Post a Comment