My Grand fir was harvested and unceremoniously FedExed to the Rainy Day Ranch last Monday.
The Wrangler cut an inch off the stump (we will glue our annual family Christmas card photo onto the stump ring, glaze with shallac, and use as an ornament--pretty crafty, yes?) and placed the tree into the stand within minutes of the tree's arrival.
As I snipped the last length of twine that bound the branches, the tree regained its dignity with a "whoosh" and instantly quadrupled in width. This was in stark contrast to the frozen trees of years past that took a day or two to settle in.
My dear tree is extremely fragrant--the smell is so intense that it can be difficult to sleep or concentrate. But the Wrangler and I discuss this only in whispers and are careful to be very discreet if opening a window here and there to let in some fresh air. The tree is giving us its best, and we wouldn't want to discourage it.
Um, what did I do to fall into disfavor? I didn't get the annual Torgerson family Christmas card, complete with photo of dog looking all OC, ears flapping in the wind.
ReplyDelete