
With the holiday season officially beginning this week, I'm working on a few hostess gifts. Wine and flowers, although lovely and always appreciated, sometimes feel too much like a last-minute purchase at the grocery store en route to the party. This year I'm assembling Christmas cookie gift baskets: glass snowman jar filled with the dry ingredients for gingerbread cookies, a gingerbread man cookie cutter, holiday oven mitt, and a Gooseberry Patch Christmas cookie cookbook. The Wrangler willingly accompanied me to a craft boutique, Target, Pier 1, TJ Maxx, and Whole Foods as I collected the supplies. Each gift basket costs less than a halfway decent bottle of wine but will be way more fun to give. Of course, the jury still is out on whether they also will be "way more fun" to receive. (I know a lot of people who would prefer the wine!)
Fabric holiday bag (the "basket") = $3.99
Large glass snowman jar with lid = $3.00 (on sale at Pier 1--a great deal)
Organic dry ingredients = about $1.50
Cookie cutter = $1.00
Oven mitt = $1.99
Cookbook = $3.99 (these are super cute, and I found them at TJ Maxx marked down from $16)
Grand total = about $16 per gift basket
No comments:
Post a Comment