Friday, November 20, 2009

Waiting Is the Hardest Part

The Rainy Day Ranch will soon welcome its newest canine family member. The details still are bit murky, but it's looking like my Advent calendar will count down not only the days until Christmas but also the days until the puppy's arrival. It's been hard to focus on anything else--I've got puppy fever like some women get baby fever. I notice puppies wherever I go. I look at my dogs' baby pictures. I'm re-reading all my puppy care and training books and brushing up on the latest puppy parenting techniques. I've gotten the puppy carrier, bowls, leashes, and--ahem--clothing (sorry) out of storage. The Wrangler called our vet to discuss traveling with the new puppy. I've scoped out the best puppy kindergarten class in the area. 

I'm counting the days.

1 comment:

  1. We want the puppy to visit Colorado and play in the snow! All we can dream of is having a puppy under our xmas tree with a big bow on her or him! Your Colorado cowkids

    ReplyDelete