I went to a beginning crochet class today and learned the chain, single, and double crochet stitches and how to read a pattern. My first project is a twisted cowl scarf of super soft Malabrigo Silky Merino. This is my first step toward learning to properly knit and crochet so I can make good use of all that nice yarn I'll be producing as a shepherdess.I'm not entirely unfamiliar with wool crafts--I tried felting, and I have two somewhat secret hobbies, one of which involves a Knifty Knitter loom and the other of which involves a latch hook and color-coded mesh canvas. Yes, the Knifty Knitter's target market consists of pre-teens (so I've been told), and latch hook kits are popular only among unicorn-loving octogenarians (as is apparent from the plethora of unicorn-themed patterns). What can I say? I have multi-generational interests. In my defense, let the record show that I make cute hats on my little loom, and I only latch hook moderately cheesy landscapes. No unicorns or kittens!
No comments:
Post a Comment