
I tend to raise a brow at self-help books and the people who read them. I'm skeptical whether, barring some kind of Krakauer-esque
Into Thin Air type of accident while climbing Mount Everest, people really can change. But I stumbled upon
Live More, Want Less while looking at chicken books in the homesteading section of the bookstore. After skimming the first few chapters, I was rather alarmed. Book's got my number. For example, it asks and advises:
Do you start but then abandon projects? If so, you are influenced by outside stimuli rather than inner passion.
Do you have numerous "some day" projects lined up? If so, you are planning for the future rather than living in the moment.
The book seemed insightful. Alas, true to form, I started reading it but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Rest assured, it's on my "some day" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment