Sunday, June 19, 2011

Skeletons in My Closet(s)

As I sort through things for the upcoming move, out of every closet that I open tumbles remnants of unfinished projects and boxes of abandoned supplies: a few pathetic rows of the crochet cowl, 3/4 of a knitted scarf, placemats that I started during my artfelt days, a rolling suitcase of mysterious-looking, unopened scrapbooking tools, binders filled with pages of recipes, DIY ideas, and hobby farming how-to articles torn from magazines, a bucket of beads and jewelry-making tools, a violin, a sewing machine, bags of fabric, Ball canning jars, blocks of glycerine and molds for soap-making, gardening gloves and muck boots, mosaic tiles...and I haven't even started on the attic. Yikes!

The problem with moving to the farm is that I can no longer sit idly watching The Office reruns and HGTV House Hunters marathons while lamenting the lack of proper space for things like gardening, baking, canning vegetables, sewing, learning to play a new instrument, and writing. There will be no more space limitations--and no more excuses! What have I gotten myself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment