I haven't volunteered at the Ocean Institute since my accident last year. Working as an aquarist aide involves a lot of bending, stretching, and lifting, and I needed the break while I recovered. I do miss the sea stars, cucumbers, jellies, and giant lobsters. But I'm signed up for a new adventure. After an orientation next week, I'm going to start volunteering at Zoofari, a non-profit organization just down the street from the farm. Zoofari rescues non-releasable or confiscated wildlife and sponsors wildlife education programs. Zoofari volunteers work a four-hour shift each week and assist the staff with the feeding, cleaning, and socializing of the animals. The resident animals include a chinchilla, python, wallaby, alligator, tarantula, boa, porcupine, lynx, bobcat, and cheetah. No sheep, though.Thursday, June 23, 2011
Zoofari
I haven't volunteered at the Ocean Institute since my accident last year. Working as an aquarist aide involves a lot of bending, stretching, and lifting, and I needed the break while I recovered. I do miss the sea stars, cucumbers, jellies, and giant lobsters. But I'm signed up for a new adventure. After an orientation next week, I'm going to start volunteering at Zoofari, a non-profit organization just down the street from the farm. Zoofari rescues non-releasable or confiscated wildlife and sponsors wildlife education programs. Zoofari volunteers work a four-hour shift each week and assist the staff with the feeding, cleaning, and socializing of the animals. The resident animals include a chinchilla, python, wallaby, alligator, tarantula, boa, porcupine, lynx, bobcat, and cheetah. No sheep, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment