Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cowgirl Overload

During today's conference call to discuss our upcoming trip to the Sombrero Ranch in Colorado, the Six-Button Cowgirls concurred that we had gone a bit overboard on our last group shopping trip to the Boot Barn in Flagstaff. I guess we can blame it on our state-of-mind, which was decidedly "wild west," as we were about to embark on our mule ride to Phantom Ranch.

I mentioned during the call that I've realized that the clothes I'd bought on the trip are too over-the-top to wear around here. I mean, there's western-style and then there's just plain western without the style. Agreeing, the Denver-based Six-Button Cowgirl noted that a couple weeks ago, she put on the jeans, boots, one of the shirts, and the huge belt buckle she'd bought on that trip and did a double-take when she saw herself in the mirror. The shirts, which are heavy and have no darting or tailoring at the waist, are very unflattering. Add the crazy embroidered pattern, huge brass buttons, and...wow. I love my gigantic belt buckle and Roper Rockstar boots, though. But talk about trying too hard. I sure do feel sorry for all the locals who had to watch our sorry selves swaggering around town!

On the up side, the San Diego-based Six-Button Cowgirl said that she has no regrets purchasing the riding jeans with the "comfort fit" elastic waistband. She wears them when she plans to eat a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment