Sunday, June 14, 2009
Gang Aft Agley (To Go Astray)
I've been a bit remiss in blogging lately; I haven't had much time to spend at my figurative ranch due to longer-than-usual hours at work and hosting house guests. I usually read a couple books a week but, as of late, I haven't had time to finish William Alexander's delightful The $64 Tomato, which I started two weeks ago. I haven't baked anything from scratch in the same two weeks, unless you count the Hello Kitty-shaped waffles and homemade pizzas for my adorable nieces visiting from Colorado. Let's not even mention the new fiddle that is sitting untuned in its case in the corner of the guest room. I am part of a fiddle challenge with a Fourth of July benchmark and have made zero progress. What is that Robert Burns poem about gang aft agley and the best laid plans of mice and men...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment