Someone down the street is selling a beat up 1978 Chevy pickup truck for $700. Picturing it on the ranch with a few bales of hay in the back, I gave it more than a little thought. Then, as things tend to do in this house, the modest $700 plan rapidly evolved into an alarming $30,000 idea as I found myself searching ebay for a shiny red, fully restored 1950s-era short-bed truck. I imagined selling the convertible and rolling into work in my vintage truck, which would look delightfully out of place among the fancy-pants BMWs and Mercedes in the law firm's parking garage. And I didn't plan to stop at one truck, since I really need two--I don't want to put hay and chickens in my shiny red short-bed. I figured that I'd better get the '78 Chevy for those kinds of tasks. It was all fun and games until the Wrangler put the kibosh on both proposals, pointing out that we don't actually have a ranch yet. I don't know when he became so fixated on minor details.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Truckin'
Someone down the street is selling a beat up 1978 Chevy pickup truck for $700. Picturing it on the ranch with a few bales of hay in the back, I gave it more than a little thought. Then, as things tend to do in this house, the modest $700 plan rapidly evolved into an alarming $30,000 idea as I found myself searching ebay for a shiny red, fully restored 1950s-era short-bed truck. I imagined selling the convertible and rolling into work in my vintage truck, which would look delightfully out of place among the fancy-pants BMWs and Mercedes in the law firm's parking garage. And I didn't plan to stop at one truck, since I really need two--I don't want to put hay and chickens in my shiny red short-bed. I figured that I'd better get the '78 Chevy for those kinds of tasks. It was all fun and games until the Wrangler put the kibosh on both proposals, pointing out that we don't actually have a ranch yet. I don't know when he became so fixated on minor details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment