I bought a traditional raffia straw cowboy hat when I was in Montana last year, and I got a wool Stetson on the mule trip in Arizona this past winter. The latter makes me look like a railroad laborer circa 1850 and makes the Wrangler look like the tall guy who is Curious George's friend. At any rate, for the upcoming horseback riding / camping trip with the Six-Button Cowgirls, I'm tempted to get a Spanish gaucho-style hat--or is it a bolero? I don't know the difference. Think Penelope Cruz in All the Pretty Horses. The raffia straw number would be far more appropriate, given the season and activity (camping). But one of the wranglers at the Mountain Sky Ranch had a striking custom blue bolero that I haven't forgotten. It cost her over $500, so she vowed to wear it, like, every day. I suppose it is the cowgirl version of Manolos. I've found a few similar hats for under $100, but they are not nearly as lovely as the beautiful blue bolero. Maybe I'll spring for the custom bolero for cowgirl camp next spring. I doubt I can pull off wearing it every day, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment