All this Nook and Kindle nonsense has me worried as of late. I love the crinkle of book jackets, the stitching on hard covers, the feel of the pages and the sound of them turning, and the smell of both old and new books. I hate computers, even iPads, and don't want to read books on them. I know it would be easier to "get with the now" and start e-reading. When we moved, I couldn't deny the somber fact that I had 65 boxes of very heavy, very space-consuming books. I still have my favorite books that I read as a kid, some with missing covers or tattered pages or my name or notes written on the inside cover.
I suppose the day is coming when I'll be forced to curl up with a darn computer, but I'm going to hold out for as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment