Monday, July 18, 2011

The Wool Lady

As a future shepherdess, I feel that it's my duty to master at least one wool craft. Accordingly, last weekend I paid a visit to the The Wool Lady in Old Town Temecula. The Wool Lady, otherwise known as Ruth, was friendly and helpful and took the time to explain with enthusiasm several different types of wool crafts--rug hooking, punch needle, felting, and wool applique stitchery. I wasn't a huge fan of felting, so I'm pressing onward with this chicken-themed wool applique project. It calls for hand-stitching rather than a sewing machine, which is good because I've completely forgotten how to wind a bobbin or thread my machine.

I just need to check YouTube for instructions on how to do a blanket stitch, chain stitch, French knot, and back stitch, and then I'll be good to go. Oooh, as I typed this, I starting feeling a little overwhelmed. It wouldn't be out of character for me to end up just straight stitching the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment