I just learned that, beginning this week, I'll be back on Moto! I haven't ridden him since I fell last July, but I'm not too concerned. After all, my fall wasn't in any way Moto's fault. I'm telling myself that Moto's size doesn't mean much. Really, does falling from a small horse versus a tall horse make that much of a difference? I'll probably get hurt either way. I never was that comfortable riding Francie. She's a good girl, but more often than not, I felt frustrated and scared. This largely was due to my own lack of confidence, skill, and strength--I'm not the same rider that I was before the accident. But it also was because Francie and I didn't have a great partnership. I didn't trust her, and she didn't trust me.
And so I need to see whether I'm also frustrated and scared on Moto. If so, then I'll step away from riding regularly. Horseback riding will become something I do only when I'm on vacation. But if I feel comfortable back on Moto, then it's game on.
No comments:
Post a Comment