
I spent this afternoon baking and decorating a birthday cake. It's been about a year since I last decorated a cake, so I was a little rusty. I hate baking cakes (they never turn out perfectly for me), so I just used the Sprinkles Cupcake brand lemon cupcake mix but made two 9-inch cakes. It turns out that the cupcake mix makes a very dense cake. I whipped up three batches of my special homemade frosting. Cakes mixes aren't too bad, but I'm pretty picky about my frosting.
I made about 25 roses for the top of the cake, did a basket weave on the sides, and piped little drop-flowers along the bottom. The basket weave looks labor intensive but actually takes only a few minutes.
I guess the weirdest thing about the cake is that it's bright pink with tons of flowers but is for a dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment