Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Baby

Just what I definitely do not need--another guitar. This weekend I played (if by "played" you mean "errantly plucked") a Baby Taylor, which is three-quarters the size of a full-sized guitar and is made of solid spruce or mahogany. Most three-quarter guitars are made of laminate, and you really can tell the difference. The wood version has surprising volume and a rich tone.

The Taylor catalog says that the Baby is the "type of guitar you can keep at the office." I worked at a firm where I wouldn't have been ostracized for strumming a few clumsy notes in between conference calls. After all, no one blinked an eye at the lawyer who kept his Segway in his office and would scoot down the hall to and from the elevator each day, or the secretary who wore an official firefighter uniform, including the hat, when it rained. People were free to go about their business there. I'm quite certain that my current co-workers are the sort who would object to midday maladroit musings on the Baby Taylor. Perhaps once I've improved...

No comments:

Post a Comment