I bought my training helmet today at an equestrian supply store over in San Juan Capistrano, which was, incidentally, abuzz with preparations for the annual return of their famous cliff swallows. The swallows leave town each year on the Day of San Juan (October 23) and head to their winter home 6,000 miles away in Argentina. They come back to the famous Mission San Juan Capistrano each year on St. Joseph's Day (March 19). Crowds of visitors greet the little birds with parades and fiestas. But I digress.
One person who does not need a training helmet? The Wrangler. He's quitting his riding lessons! He claims it's because he wants to focus on golf and guitar, but I think it's because he felt out of place at the stables. All of the students and most of the trainers are women. The lessons are private, so it's not like he was the only dude in a group of girls. But it's true he was the only guy in a training ring. I'm not super disappointed. Think of the savings! Without the Wrangler in the mix, I can add an extra lesson each week, buy twice as much stuff at the tack store, and buy a horse that's twice as fancy. Because that's how it works, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment