Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Well-Groomed Horse

Our riding lessons are underway. Actually, the lessons involve much more than riding. At least half the time is devoted to grooming and tacking. I have a newfound appreciation for the wranglers at the dude ranches we visit on vacations. At such places, someone simply leads a fully groomed and tacked horse to me and I just hop on. After the ride I jump off and someone leads the horse away, while I head for the spa or the dining room. But I think I've been missing out. I'm sure grooming and tacking can be a pain if you're pressed for time, but brushing a beautiful horse sure beats sitting in the office.

I was wiped out after the lessons this morning. After I got home, I took a shower and a nice two-hour nap. Lessons apparently are not as exhausting for the Wrangler. He went surfing. He better enjoy this schedule while it lasts--surfing and ranching generally don't go hand-in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment