And speaking of dress code, my formal dressage coat, top hat, and spotless white breeches will look much better in my romantic English lavender fields than would faded jeans and a dusty cowboy hat. I can't think of a reason why I'd be strolling around the lavender gardens in my riding apparel, but you just never know. During today's conference call, I broke the news to the Six-Button Cowgirls that I'm probably a proper English-style equestrian disguised as a cowgirl. They did not blink an eye. "We never bought your free-spirited, rugged cowgirl charade," said one. "No one likes rules, rigidity, and keeping her hands clean more than you," agreed the other. They are not entirely wrong, I suppose. Back in my sorority days, I was VP - Parliamentary Procedure, whose sole job was enforcing Robert's Rules of Order at chapter meetings. I know, I know--there are so many disturbing things about that statement. Wow.
But whatever. If you think about it, an urban cowgirl is by definition multi-faceted; like the two-sided Kandinsky in the John Guare play The Six Degrees of Separation, which has, although not real, triggered many a philosophical discussion about concurrent order and chaos. (Do nature and the ranch represent chaos and the city and the office represent control, or vice versa?) Or maybe the urban cowgirl dichotomy is more comparable to a mullet: business-in-front/party-in-back. Uh, let's go with the Kandinsky.
For the record, I am not okay with you dropping the cowgirling.
ReplyDelete