Monday, October 10, 2011

Ashokan Farewell

Tonight a huge moon--not quite full, but seemingly brighter than usual--lit up the night sky. It may sound like I'm about to wax poetic again about the farm. But before you roll your eyes, let me add that I'm only pointing out that the moonlight was appreciated because...the freakin' power went out again. Ugh. I'm all for the simple life, but come on. Reliable electricity would be nice, especially around dinner time.

Obviously, the power has been restored. I've been sitting here at the computer researching cold-hardy lavender varieties. The Wrangler is somewhere in the house playing the most beautiful music on his guitar: The "Ashokan Farewell" is a goodnight waltz that begins with a solo violin that later is accompanied by a guitar. It was used in two Civil War films and, thus, is often mistaken for a Civil War-era tune.

I'm signing off now to follow the music down the hall and, yes, probably wax poetic about the farm, power outages and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment