"Wake up," I stood over the Wrangler, looking not unlike a ghost with my white robe and crazy hair. "Do you think it's okay if I turn off the baby monitor? It keeps making nosies, but I need to get some sleep."
"Mmmmff."
I took that as a yes. I turned off the monitor and, for the first time since Friday, I slept soundly until I let out the goats at 7AM.
Elmo is coming out of his shell. He stood still and allowed me to groom him this morning, and by this afternoon he sought me out for kisses and scratches. I was happy to oblige. Oscar is warming up to the idea but still runs away when I move in for the scratch.
I prepared their pen for the night (fresh hay, water, and shavings), and they headed into the doghouse on their own around 6:30. Unfortunately, like any other working father with babies at home, the Wrangler did not get to see the kids today. They were still sleeping when he left for work, and they'd tucked themselves in for the night before he arrived home. He was pretty disappointed. "I didn't get to see even one button nose, pointy ear, or little hoof today," he said dejectedly. I hear him playing peppy tunes on his guitar right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to rouse the goats. I better go tell him to let those babies sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment